Who doesn’t love nuts? It’s one of my favorite snacks and I usually put nuts into everything I make, much to my youngest son’s dismay – he picks the nuts out of everything. I just make sure I sit next to him LOL. He’s 22 now but when he was younger, I used to set up a booth at the farmer’s market. My kids always wanted to sell something to make money. One of the ventures was Nick’s Nuts … yep, Nick – the kid who doesn’t like nuts was selling Nick’s Nuts!
Anyway, back to the recipe. I was looking to create a snack that was low carb with protein – this from an ex-carboholic! With my success in my healthy lifestyle journey during the last year, I have discovered that I can be perfectly happy (and feel good) with less carbs – I would never have believed it! This recipe is pretty flexible and you can sub in different nuts if you’re short as long as you keep the amounts roughly the same.
- 1/2 cup Organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 TBSP pumpkin seeds
- 2 TBSP sliced almonds
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon THM Gentle Sweet (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 oz 85% dark chocolate, melted
- 1/2 TBSP Organic coconut oil, melted
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Mix almond butter, melted coconut oil, THM Simple Sweet (if using) and vanilla extract together until well blended and liquidy. Add remaining bark ingredients and mix well. Spread the mixture out on the wax paper that has been placed on a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Melt the topping ingredients and mix together and drizzle over top of the bark mixture on the cookie sheet.
- Place in the refrigerator to harden. Once hardened, you can break into pieces and store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer as it becomes very soft when left at room temperature.
All recommended product links on this page are products we use and love. Some links may be affiliate links where we earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 2mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 4g Protein: 5g