Yum! That’s all I really have to say LOL. I absolutely LOVE breakfast foods and this tasty morsel is no exception! On a day that may only include one or two meals, this savoury keto waffle topped with sautéed veggies, scrambled eggs and cheese is super satisfying and filling
I like to prep my waffles and freeze them. When I want to eat them, I just put them on a plate and let them sit on the counter while I prepare my veggies and eggs. You can also pop them into the toaster to warm them up right before you top them with your eggy goodness. Try them sprinkled with extra cheese and toasted for a minute under the broiler… yummy!
What do you like to top your waffles with? Let us know in the comments.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 garlic granules
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk ( don't worry, you can't taste it)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or green onion + extra for garnish if desired
- Preheat your waffle iron so it's nice and hot to produce crispy waffles.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat eggs until well mixed, add almond milk, mix again, then set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, mix remaining ingredients until well blended with no lumps.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk together until well blended.
- When your waffle iron is hot, you may want to spray with a bit of avocado oil to prevent sticking - you know your iron best!
- Scoop approximately 1/3 of the batter into your waffle iron, spreading close to the edges so that you get good coverage. Close the lid and let it cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Check waffle and decide if it needs to be a bit browner, and let it go another minute if desired.
- Makes 3 large Belgian waffles or 6 servings. Serve immediately
***Nutritional calculation is for the waffle ONLY. Any extra toppings added will change/increase your macros
These waffle freeze well and will thaw on the counter in 5 - 10 minutes. Reheat in the toaster if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g