We love savoury, spicy food! I grow several varieties of hot peppers every year. Jalapeños are at the top of the list because they are so versatile and can be used in so many different recipes. You could really substitute any hot pepper if you wanted, habaneros are a close second for us!
- 2 lb chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chicken broth/bone broth
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup red or green jalapeno, diced
- 2 TBSP garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 TBSP garlic minced (or 2 tsp garlic powder/granules)
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
Preheat your oven to 350F, with the rack in the center.
In a medium-sized bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add mayonnaise, sour cream and mix well. Add cheddar, bacon, jalapeños, garlic, salt and pepper, mixing again. Finally add chicken stock and mix well.
Add cooked chicken and broccoli to your cheese mixture, stirring to coat evenly. Pour into a greased 3 or 3.5-quart casserole dish.
Garnish with additional cheese, bacon and jalapeños.
Bake in a 350 oven for 35 - 40 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Serve immediately.
This recipe freezes well if you want to add it to your meal prep routine so that you have a quick meal ready in a flash! Pair this with a leavy green salad to complete your meal.