Cauliflower rice is my new favorite side dish! I had never been a fan of cauliflower prior to going low carb – I always picked around it in the mixed veggies. This particular dish is loaded with flavour and packs a smidge of heat – feel free to increase or decrease the chili pepper flakes.
- 4 cups (425g) riced cauliflower, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP bacon fat or grass-fed butter
- 75g of Parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat bacon fat or butter in a large skillet and add garlic and onion. Saute until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add riced cauliflower (can still be frozen if you are using frozen). Stir and mix everything together and cook over medium heat for about 6 minutes, until the cauliflower softens.
- Sprinkle with chili pepper flakes, Parmesan and parsley. Stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
This dish freezes well if you have leftovers or are doing meal prep for the freezer. Reheat leftovers in a skillet over medium low or in the microwave.