Bread and buns are one of the things most people tell me they miss when going keto. We’ve tested and modified so many recipes – they’re either too eggy or too cheesy etc. These have been “tweaked” to my satisfaction! These are perfect as a side for a salad, soup or anywhere you might like a biscuit!
2 1/2 cups low moisture mozzarella, shredded
2 oz cream cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 TBSP baking powder
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Garlic Butter Topping:
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC) with the rack in the middle or slightly to the top of your oven.
- Grease a medium-sized cast-iron skillet with oil - we use avocado oil and set aside.
- Mix melted butter, parsley and garlic together set aside.
- Melt the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese in a double boiler over medium heat until melted and well combined. You can also do this in the microwave if you prefer.
- In a large bowl, blend the almond flour, Parmesan cheese, seasoning, and baking powder together so there are no lumps.
- Add the melted cheese and eggs to the almond flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to make balls and arrange in your cast-iron pan.
- Brush or spoon the garlic topping evenly over your dough balls in the pan.
- Place pan into the oven and bake for about 20 - 25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 187.5 Total Fat: 15.1g Saturated Fat: 5.6g Trans Fat: 0.2g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 49.1mg Sodium: 268.7mg Carbohydrates: 2.8g Net Carbohydrates: 1.5g Fiber: 1.3g Sugar: .7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9.9g
This Nutrition Panel is provided as a courtesy and we try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations. Research indicates that sugar alcohols do not affect blood glucose levels in many people, but does for some. As we are all bio-individual, the best way to know for certain is to test yourself