One of the harder things for me since starting a low carb keto diet is not baking almost every day. I love to cook and bake and my cookie jar was almost always full – unless it was 10pm, then there were probably just crumbs left!
When we started to change what we ate, our cookie jar was donated to our local thrift store and I drastically cut back on baking.
While I still bake, its maybe once a week or every other week or when we have guests.
These have become a requested favorite, so I whipped up a batch and added them here for you to enjoy!
These freeze well and are quite tasty right out of the freezer and still frozen!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBSP butter, softened
- 1/2 cup THM Gentle Sweet
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- In a small bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until well blended and there are no lumps, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter with Gentle Sweet and vanilla. Beat with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and beat again, scraping down your bowl a couple of times.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Once the dough is well mixed, beat an additional minute.
- With your spatula, stir in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Place mixing bowl in the fridge to chill for about 20 minutes.
- When 20 minutes is up, preheat your oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and use a medium cookie scoop or teaspoon to measure out your dough. You should end up with 18 cookies. Wet your finger under cold water, shake off excess and flatten cookies a bit. You may need to rewet your fingers a few times while doing this. The water help to keep the cookies from sticking to your fingers while you press them down.
- Bake for about 8 - 12 minutes until they just start to brown on the edges. Time will vary depending on your oven. Start with 8 minutes and check the cookies to see how they are doing.
- Once done, remove from oven to cooling rack to cool for a few minutes. At this point, if you can, slide the entire sheet of parchment paper onto the cooling rack to let the cookies cool further and to prevent them from being soggy underneath. After 5 minutes, they can be transferred off the parchment and onto the rack to completely cool.
- Refrigerate or freeze if desired.
All recommended product links on this page are products we use and love. Some links may be affiliate links where we earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 75mg Carbohydrates: 3g Net Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 5g Protein: 3g