Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, at any time of the day. Really, I never get tired of eggs and the endless ways to do them up. Hard boiled, over easy, poached, scrambled …. you get the idea. And then there are frittatas – the toppings are limited only by your imagination! We use whatever we have on hand, and often to finish it up little bits of this and that from the fridge.
Add your eggs to the pan and top with meat, veggies and cheese! On the weekends, I will sometimes make my Easy Hollandaise Sauce for a treat!
- 2 large eggs
- 2 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/3 cup cooked and diced meat (bacon, sausauge, ham etc.)
- 1/3 cup lightly saute'd vegetables (onion, mushrooms, peppers, etc.)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Garnish (optional)
- minced parsley or chives
- Easy Hollandaise Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat a 8-10" over-safe skillet over medium heat. Lighly butter the pan so that your frittata will easily slide out onto your plate.
- Whisk eggs, cream and salt together until well blended. Pour into hot buttered pan. Turn down your heat to low.
- Sprinkle the top of the egg base with the meat and veggies. Top with shredded cheese.
- Place skillet into preheated oven. Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted. If you like your cheese a bit crispy, you can put it under the broiler for a few minutes, watching carefully. Serve immediately!
If you don't have an oven-safe skillet, you can use an oven safe dish, omitting the stove-top portion of the recipe. You will cook your entire frittata in the oven for 15 minutes or until done.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 905 Total Fat: 66g Saturated Fat: 33g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 27g Cholesterol: 698mg Sodium: 1308mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 62g