As we’ve been eating better, I am also working on adding in different foods. I love fish, particularly pickerel as it is a nice light white fish AND we can get (as in catch) it locally. Salmon has always been way too strong tasting for me, but steelhead trout falls somewhere between. Definitely not a white fish but much milder than salmon. I purchased this one on a manager’s discount at our local store on a Saturday because our store is closed Sunday and the best-before date was Monday. Good time to try something when it’s half price!
1 lb steelhead trout, skin removed
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 a lemon, juice squeezed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
salt and pepper to taste
- Place the oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375°F.
- Tear off a large piece of parchment paper – enough to be able to fold over and fold shut to make an envelope to enclose the fish to help keep moisture in while baking. Place on a large baking sheet.
- Place the steelhead trout in the center, drizzle with melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Fold the parchment together and tuck the ends under to keep it from popping open.
- Place on oven rack and bake until cooked through about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh parsley and serve with additional lemon slices if desired.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 269 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 99mg Sodium: 196mg Carbohydrates: 1g Net Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 30g
This Nutrition Panel is provided as a courtesy and we try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations. Research indicates that sugar alcohols do not affect blood glucose levels in many people, but does for some. As we are all bio-individual, the best way to know for certain is to test yourself
I really enjoyed it and will buy it again for something different to add into our meal plan rotation. It was super simple to make and I had dinner on the table in 20 minutes!