It’s that time of year when everything is fresh and my garden is bursting with all sorts of goodness! My raspberries have just started to ripen in the last few days and we’ve been able to pick a fair bit each day. Today I thought I would make a simple and delicious Almond Raspberry Coffee Cake that just happens to be gluten free as well! Serve this at a brunch, for a snack, dessert or just to have with coffee!
Fresh raspberries are also my favorite fruit to add to Greek yogurt and top with some homemade keto granola. We’ve also been enjoying our berries in keto ice cream!
Do you have a favorite recipe using fresh raspberries?
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup THM Gentle Sweet
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 cup THM Gentle Sweet
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon THM Gentle Sweet
- Line the bottom of a 10" springform pan with parchement paper and lock the sides into place. Cut off the excess parchement paper. Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, THM Gentle Sweet, butter, coconut oil and yogurt. Mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, blend flours and baking powder well.
- Add half the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix until blended. Add remaining flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until blended. Set aside.
- In a clean bowl (you could reuse the one from the flour) beat cream cheese until creamy. Add THM Gentle Sweet and beat for one minute. Add the vanilla and beat for another minute!
- Spread about 2/3 - 3/4 of the cake batter in the bottom of your prepared pan. Spread your cream cheese layer over the cake base (I put my cream cheese mixture into a resealable bag and "pipe" it over the base to get a nice even spread).
- Sprinkle approximately 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries over the cream cheese layer, making sure to spread them as evenly as possible. Top with remaining cake batter. I put this into another resealable bag and "pipe" over the raspberries making it as even as I can. Don't worry if it doesn't completely cover the raspberries, it does bake together!
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the sliced almonds and then sprinkle with THM Gentle Sweet.
- Place pan on the middle rack in the center of your oven and bake for approximately 45 - 50 minutes. When you check your cake, the center should be mostly solid and not jiggly. If it's really jiggly, it's not done. I use the full 50 minutes for the cake in the photos but it will depend on your oven.
- Cool cake on a rack for 20 minutes, then remove the ring and let fully cool. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
You can substitute another nut for the almonds or omit complete if you want. You can also make this cake with blueberries, strawberries or blackberries and they are all delicious!
All recommended product links on this page are products we use and love. Some links may be affiliate links where we earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485 Total Fat: 43g Saturated Fat: 20g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 113mg Sodium: 253mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 11g Protein: 14g